Virat Kohli Profile with his full details
Courageous, tough and deadly talented, Virat Kohli is arguably one of the best batsmen the country has produced. He even compared him to the great Sachin Tendulkar. Kohli has built a niche of his own in Indian cricket, with the ability to break balls that land at a specific place on any part of the field with a strong fist and a will and without any risk.
King chased after many of his fans by name, Kohli was a deeply hammered nail across all formats. Kohli rose to fame in 2008 when he captained India’s winning World Cup under-19 team in Malaysia. He was pushed into an instantly tempting T20 tournament – the Indian T20 League in 2008 and has been part of the Bangalore franchise ever since.
He also captained the team in 2012 and has continued to do so ever since. Due to his remarkable performance in the first edition, his domestic form still won him the India ODI cap on the tour of Sri Lanka the same year.
Chikoo's Quick Facts
Full Name — Virat Kohli
Nicknames — Chikoo, Run Machine
Born — 05 November 1988
Kohli Birth Place — Delhi, India ( Hometown is same )
Age — 30 years
Height – 5.9″ (175 cm )
Body — Chest- 40″
Eye Colour — Dar Brown
Hair Colour — Black
Nationality — India
Religion — Hinduism
Father — Prem Kohli
Mother — Saroj Kohli
Wife — Anushka Sharma
Role — Indian Captain, Right-hand batsman, Right-arm medium bowler
International Debut of Kohli — ODI debut — On 18 August 2008 against Sri-Lanka
Test debut — On 20 June 2011 VS. West Indies
T20 debut — On 12 June 2010 VS. Zimbabwe
Jersey No. — 18 ( India National Team and IPL )
Domestic Team — India Red, Royal Challengers Bangalore, Delhi
Field Nature — Very Aggressive
Kohli’s favorite Shot — Cover Drive, Flick Shot
Virat Kohli Profile
The best batsman in the world, Virat Kohli born on 05 November 1988. The current leader of the Indian Team. He is not only a good cricketer but also a good captain. His coming history of the Indian team was very glorious.
He was the captain of Under 19’s Indian cricket team at the 2008 Under-19 world cup in Malaysia. At the age of 19, he made his debut against Sri-Lanka as a middle-order batsman, he performed very well. Gradually Virat attracted the whole cricket world. For his extraordinary performances and cricket merit, he appointed as vice-captain of India.
Dhoni was stepped down from captaincy by Virat. However, Virat is a perfect batsman for all formate cricket Like ODI, Test, T-20, and Premiere League. Virat Kohli is a player of modesty and a role model or an icon to the world. His career is very bright. From domestic cricket, he plays as a dependable cricketer.
In October 2002, Kohli first played for the Delhi Under-15 team. He was the high scorer of this tournament with 172 runs at an average of 34.40. He’s scored 390 runs in 5 innings at an average of 78 including two centuries and two fifties. He performs not only best in Under-15 but also Under-19. In the Under – 19 world cup, he was the captain of the Indian Team.
For Vita’s outstanding performances in this tournament India’s coach Dav what more said mentioned Virat “He is a very physical type of player. He jumps at the chance to force himself on the game, upholds it with his expertise.”
Not end in here, Kohli was purchased by the Indian head class Royal challengers Bangalore for $30000 on a young agreement.
Virat Kohli Test career
Virat made his international debut against Sri-Lanka as makeshift opener 2010’s Asia cup was not in favor of Virat. His average was 16.75. But he didn’t hesitate. He tried his best to performs well. In this way turn into a good player. His up-down performance made his ranking dissimilar. In any case, that is not an issue for him.
He plays 77 matches and 131 innings. The quantity of playing games and innings is not so high, but the summation of runs is high. He scored 6613 runs. His test strike rate is 57.26. Most important to note that he tool already 25 Hundred and six double hundreds and 20 fifty. Amazingly, he took hundreds over than fifty. His style of test cricket is similar to ODI. This style of batting made him a world-famous batsman. ICC Ranking to his number 1 test batsman.
During the West Indies tour of India in June-July 2011, India sent mostly inexperienced teams and Kohli was one of three players in the Test squad. He made his Test debut in Kingston in the first match of the Test series. He scored just 76 runs from five innings in the series and was later dropped from the Test team. He was named in the four-match series Test squad in England in July and August 2011 to replace the injured Yuvraj Singh.
He has not played in any Test match of the series and was moderately successful in the ODI series. He made his mark in Test cricket at some point of India’s excursion of Australia in December 2011. India lost the Test series 4-0, but Virat Kohli was India’s highest run-scorer in the series. He scored his first Test century in the first innings of the fourth and final match in Adelaide; He scored 116 runs in the innings.
Although better known for his brilliant performances in ODIs, Kohli is also a skilled Test player. In 2014, he was named captain of the Indian Test team.
For the primary Test of the excursion of Australia in December 2014, Dhoni turned into now no longer a part of the Indian group in Adelaide because of injury, and Kohli took the reins as Test captain for the primary time. Kohli scored 115 in India’s first innings and became the fourth Indian to score a century since making his Test captaincy debut.
In their second innings, India were set a target of 364 on the fifth day. Kohli came to bat when the Indian innings was reduced to 55/2 and started batting aggressively. Batting fell to 185 before Murali was out for the third wicket.
From 242/2, India were bowled out for 355, Kohli’s highest score of 141 off 175 balls. Kohli noted that his team is looking for a win, not a draw. Kohli’s second innings was hailed by several Australian commentators as a “great performance in the fourth innings” seen in Australia. Dhoni returned to the side as captain for the second match in Brisbane, where Kohli lost by four wickets for India and scored 19 and 1.
Virat Kohli ODI Career
He is the also number one batsman in the ODI formate. He plays 237 matches and 228 innings. He’s scored over 10000 runs. And that was 11286 runs in One Day International cricket. His high score is 183. His average is 59.4. Isn’t it a legendary average?
Most important is that his strike rate is 93. It is a matter of great wonder that he took 41 hundred. Sachin Tendulkar said that Only he could choose his record. One day Kohli can take 100 hundred.
- He was selected in the Indian ODI team for the 2008 tour of Sri Lanka. Regular openers Sachin Tendulkar and Virender Sehwag were injured during the tour and he batted as a temporary opener throughout the series. In the end, India won the series 3-2 which was India’s first ODI series win against Sri Lanka.
- He continued to perform consistently in ODI cricket throughout 2009. He won his first Man of the Match award after scoring an unbeaten 79 against the West Indies in the group stage of the 2009 ICC Champions Trophy.
- The same year he played in the home ODI series against Sri Lanka, scoring his first ODI century in the fourth match of the series – scoring 107 off 111 balls.
- He continued his great form that earned him a place in the 2011 World Cup squad.
- Kohli played in every match of the tournament and scored an unbeaten 100 in the first match against Bangladesh, becoming the first Indian batsman to score a century in his World Cup debut. India reached the final, and Kohli scored a crucial 35 in the final against Sri Lanka.
- India won the match by six wickets and lifted the World Cup for the first time since 1983.
- Kohli was named co-captain for the 2012 Asia Cup. He scored 183 runs in the final group stage match against Pakistan, the highest individual score against Pakistan in ODIs, breaking the long-standing 156 broke record of West and Brian Lara of West Indies.
- Despite a great performance, India could not reach the final of the tournament.
- The string of his successful stinks continued throughout 2013. He played great in the seven-match ODI series against Australia, scoring the fastest century by an Indian in the second ODI in Jaipur with 100 off just 52 balls.
- His unbeaten 100 helped India chase a 360-run target.
Virat Kohli T20 Career
He plays 70 matches and 65 innings in T-20 cricket. He’s scored 2369 runs. High score is 90. He had no hundred in this format. However, his strike is high. And that is 135.84. As a captain of Royal challengers, his performances are very well. He took 5412 runs playing only 177 matches. One hundred thirteen runs are his best score in IPL formate. He is the owner of 05 hundred in IPL.
- Virat Kohli made his debut in T20 cricket in 12th June, 2010 against Zimbabwe team. The Cap Number of Virat Kohli’s is 31. Virat Kohli played his first T20 match at the Harare Sports Club in Zimbabwe.
- He Played 89 T20 matches and 84th T20 Innings, 3159 runs from 2272 Balls. His highest T20 score is 94. Virat Kohli is the second in the world to record 1000 international T20s.
- Virat Kohli has the highest average in T20 cricket in the world. His World Twenty20 Half Century (28). He has 285 boundaries in T20 Cricket in the world.
- His fastest century for India as a cricketer in ODI from 52 balls.
- He is the fastest Indian batsman who reaches 1000 runs in ODI
- Fastest Indian and the world third fastest batsman who reach 5000 runs and he is the only player who reaches 11000 runs in ODIs.
- He was named the ICC ODI Player of the Year in 2012 and the BCCI Cricketer of the Year for the 2011-12 and 2014-15 seasons.
- In 2013, he received the Arjuna Award in recognition of his achievements in international cricket.
- Virat Kohli is the only Indian batsman to get 890 rating points in the ICC ODI rankings. Earlier in 1998, Sachin Tendulkar got the best rating of 887.
- Virat Kohli holds the record for highest ICC rating points (922) in Test batsmen’s ICC Player Rankings.
- As captain, Virat Kohli scored 6 double centuries in Test matches. He passed cricket legend Brian Lara, who scored 5 double centuries as Test captain.
- Virat Kohli became the first player to score 3 consecutive centuries against two opponents (West Indies and Sri Lanka).
- Kohli is the most successful captain in Indian ODIs. Kohli’s success rate as captain is 75.89% which is better than MS Dhoni.
Virat Kohli Awards
- Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy (ICC Best Cricketer): 2017
- ICC ODI Player of the Year: 2012, 2017.
- ICC Test Team of the year in 2017 when he was Indian test captain.
- ICC ODI team of the year in 2012,14 and 2016, 17( When he was OID Captain of Indian cricket).
- Also he selected for Arjuna Award in 2013.
Virat Kohli's family
Now we turn into Virat Kohli’s family. Anushka Sharma, the well-known Bollywood Actress, stolen his mind. Anushka also loves him.
Virat, the youngest son of the late Prem Kohli. Born on November 5, 1988 to a Punjabi Khatri family, Kohli has always been an intelligent chubby child. Prem was a criminal lawyer by profession and was the sole provider of the family. He recognized the talent and interest of his youngest son at a young age.
The 3-year-old used to pick up the big bat and ask his father to bowl to him. Only then did he see a bright future for his young son. In fact, at the age of nine, he admitted Virat to the West Delhi Cricket Academy. Love was the biggest support of his life before his untimely death in 2006 due to a stroke.
Now we come to descrive his mariged life. Virat Kohli is married to Anushka Sharma, a famous diva of Bollywood and one of the most popular actresses in the current Hindi film industry. The couple started dating in 2013 and soon earned the nickname “Birushka”. The couple never talked about it in public and kept it to themselves until the couple got married on December 11, 2017. It was a private event in Florence, Italy with close family members and friends.
Their amazing wedding photos and cheerful love bonds raise the standard of several goals across India. The Indian captain credited his wife for the mental strength and maturity from his behavior that he had learned from her. Virat and Anushka are a number of the maximum diagnosed and followabel couples withinside the country.